Safe, quick, and effective treatments for permanent hair reduction.
If you are tired of getting bumps, nicks or burns from shaving, tweezing or waxing your unwanted hair, laser hair removal is a great option worth considering. Laser hair removal is a simple, safe and highly effective procedure, and is one of the most commonly performed cosmetic procedures. We use the G-Max Pro by Candela, which is safe and effective for all skin types.
Starting in 1997, we were the first in North Carolina to perform this procedure. Our staff of medical professionals is exceptionally well trained and experienced in laser hair removal for all skin types.
Benefits of laser hair removal
- Long-lasting relief from shaving
- Any body area can be treated
- Targets dark hair while not damaging surrounding skin
- Large areas can be treated quickly
- Dramatic reduction in razor bumps, especially in African Americans who are prone to this type of problem
- Due to individual variations in depth of hair follicles and hair growth cycles, more than one treatment is always necessary for optimal reduction in hair growth.
At your initial consultation, a skilled laser specialist will examine the area you would like to treat and evaluate your procedure. We will discuss your concerns and expectations, based on the color and thickness of your hair. Once you and your aesthetician have decided to proceed with treatment, you will be given instructions on how to prepare for your session.
What to Expect?
The procedure itself is relatively comfortable. There is an option for a numbing cream and talk to the specialist about more information. There is no physical downtime following laser hair removal. You may experience temporary, mild redness and swelling. After your session, you will be provided with post-treatment guidelines, such as avoiding direct sunlight, saunas or other activities that could irritate the treatment area for a period of time.